When you spend your Saturday morning doing this…You may find yourself making this Saturday afternoon!
Strawberry Ice Cream
The Usual Cast Of Characters
3 Cups fresh ripe strawberries, stemmed and sliced
4 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 Cups sugar, divided
1 1/2 Cups whole milk
2 3/4 Cup heavy cream
1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
The Steps to Glory
1. In a small bowl combine strawberries, lemon juice and 1/2 cup of sugar. Stir gentle and allow berries to macerate in juices for 1-2 hours. Strain berries, reserve juice and mash half of the berries.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and milk until dissolved. Stir in heavy cream, reserved strawberry juice, mashed strawberries and vanilla.
3. Turn on ice cream maker, pour mixture into freezer bowl and mix until thickened, about 20-25 minutes.
4. Five minutes before mixing is complete, add remaining strawberries and mix completely.
5. The Ice Cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If you desire a firmer consistency, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze for about 2 hours.
6. Grab a spoon and dig in!
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Made by you. Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Talk Of The town. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Style showcase. Grandma’s House DIY Vintage charm. Friday features. Feather nest. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home. Pit Stop. Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Sweet Inspiration. Best of the weekend. Create bake grow. . Fresh market. Faith and family. Sunday at home. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Saturday shuffle. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Inspiration Monday DI&DI. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon