We always go to the Apple orchard with the same intention every year… we will only pick enough apples for snacking and a few Apple pies… and every year we return home, look at our many bags of apples and wonder what came over us. I think it is the combination of crisp fall air, a bite from an Apple just picked from the tree, jubilant time with extended family and visions of Apple creations that keep me picking…and picking….Anyway, it does give me the excuse to spend some quality time on Pinterest…
This yummy desert is a combination baked Apple and caramel cheesecake…we use apples so it must be healthy…right?
1. 4 to 6 baking apples, depending on size. I used Red Gala
2. 2 tbsp brown sugar
3. 1 tsp cinnamon.
4. 1/4 cup powdered sugar
5. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract…not to brag but I make my own!
6. Graham cracker crumbs…enough to sprinkle on top
7. 3 tbsp butter
8. 1 block cream cheese
9. Several pieces of caramel candy rough chopped
The steps to greatness
1. Slice the top of the apples and scoop out the inside. A large melon baller works great. We also save the Apple pieces and bake in a large ramekin…nothing is wasted
2. Mix together melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Brush the inside of the apples with butter mixture allowing it to soak in. Pour excess on Apples in ramekin. Bake 20 minutes in a 400 degreee oven.
3. Meanwhile, cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and chopped Caramel. Spoon into apples and bake 10 minutes more. Top with crushed graham cracker crumbs.
And just because…enjoy the beautiful picture of our Princess taken by the talented Sarah Michele on the Naval Academy Yard!
Show and share. Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. The Scoop inspire me Tuesday. Thrifty and vintage make it pretty. Titus 2. Art of homemaking made by you. Metamorphosis Wow us Wednesday. Talk of the town. Let’s talk vintage. Share it. Vintage bliss. Moonlight and Mason jars. Tuesday with a twist. Brag about it work it Wednesday share your cup. Share your style. Home and garden. Welcome home. Thursday favorites. Wonderful wednesday. Waste not Wednesday thoughts of home. Your inspired design. Friendship Friday. Friday features. Home sweet home. Sweet and simple. Tada. Imparting grace. Morning cup of joe. Home matters. Sweet inspiration. Best of the weekend vintage chic