It started on Friday evening, a series of unfortunate events and news that threatened to dampen this long anticipated holiday weekend…to include a heartbreaking Navy basketball loss to Army and compounded by the announcement that a worldwide shortage of vanilla beans will jack the price of vanilla extract sky high. It shouldn’t have been a surprise when my car didn’t start this morning…hello AAA tow truck…but it was the last straw. What is a gal to do to turn this weekend around? Make the most decadent dessert possible of course! Let me give you the recipe…just in case you are in need of a pick me up…
Molten Mocha Cakes ( could it sound any richer?)
The usual cast of characters
1. 1 package semi-sweet baking chocolate or 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2. 1 cup of butter…2 whole sticks
3. 2 cups powdered sugar
4. 1/2 cup instant coffee powder…any flavor
5. 5 Eggs
6. 4 Egg yolks…yes, you read that correctly
7. 3/4 cup flour
8. Garnishes of your choice
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Butter 5 (1 cup) ramekins and place on cookie sheet
3. Microwave chocolate and butter for 2 minutes, stir well
4. Stir in sugar and coffee until well blended
5. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks
6. Stir in flour and stir well, pour into prepared cups
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the sides are firm but the centers are soft. Let stand 1-2 minutes.
8. Run a knife around edges and invert carefully onto a dessert plate
But wait…the best part hasn’t happened!
Garnish, grab a fork and watch the explosion of chocolate goodness…instant mood lifter!
Of course, all the Princess needs for a great afternoon is a warm day, a bit of water and a couple of branches…Pooh Sticks anyone?
Show and share. Inspire me Monday. The scoop. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Art of homemaking. Made by you. Metamorphosis. Gods great garden. Home of many blessings. Tuesday with a twist. Let’s talk vintage. Wonderful Wednesday. Share it. Brag about it. Wow us Wednesday. Talk of the town. Moonlight and Mason jars. Share your style. Welcome home. Share your cup. Home and garden. Thursday favorites waste not. Coffee and conversation. Friday features. Home sweet home. Feather nest Friday. Tada. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at home. Morning cup of joe. Home matters. Sweet inspiration. Vintage chic. Oh hey Friday. Best of the weekend. Sunday at home. Share it one more time. Snickerdoodle Simple Saturday. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Inspiration Monday. Digging it. Let’s add sprinkles. Amaze me. Proverbs 31