- To make the piecrust, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal with several pea-size pieces remaining. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, using a fork to pull dough together into a crumbly pile (add up to an additional 1 tablespoon of water, if needed).
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Use the plastic to flatten and press dough into a disk. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- To make the pie, preheat oven to 425°F with the rack in lowest position. Line a baking sheet with parchment. On a lightly floured surface, roll 2 recipes of dough to an 18-by-13-inch rectangle. Transfer to a jelly-roll pan and trim to a 1-inch overhang. Fold edges under and crimp; chill.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch, orange zest, and salt in a bowl. Add strawberries and orange juice and toss gently to combine. Transfer to bottom crust, packing into pan.
6. Mix together shortbread ingredients to form pea size crumbles. Scatter evenly over
7. Bake on baking sheet until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. The Scoop. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Made by you. Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Talk Of The town. Keep in touch. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm. Friday features. Feather nest. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home. Pit Stop. Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Sweet Inspiration. Best of the weekend. Create bake grow. . Fresh market. Faith and family. Sunday at home. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Saturday shuffle. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Inspiration Monday DI&DI. Amaze me. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon what’s for supper