…using nothing but things already in the pantry and refrigerator! Let me give a little backstory. Sometime around Thursday I started to crave a little pie…well a lot of pie. I really didn’t want to add to the already hot day, however, as the air conditioner fought to keep the house comfortably chilled. Saturday morning a thought occurred…don’t I have an icebox pie cookbook…that I found in TJ MAXX…and never opened? I did, and behold the creation I made with simple, easy ingredients and very little time. Cherry pie!!
The Usual Cast Of Characters
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust. I made my own from our stash of S’More Fixings * This is a great and easy recipe!
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- 1 Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3-4 cups chopped fresh cherries.
The Steps to Glory
1. Mix the Eagle Brand with the lemon juice.
2. Stir well until mixture is thickened.
3. Drain cherries and fold into Eagle Brand mixture.
4. Pour mixture into pie crust. Do NOT cover.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving, to allow time to set.
6. Relax and enjoy a pampering activity while you wait!
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it Pretty Made by you. Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Talk Of The town. Keep in touch. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Friday features. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home. Pit Stop. Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Best of the weekend. Create bake grow. Faith and family. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Saturday shuffle. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday Wednesday Aim Home style gathering celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home. What’s for dinner