The weather has been beautiful this weekend in Annapolis! The air is cooler, the sky is blue and my thoughts are turning to Fall. Especially with school starting in one week. How can the Princess be in First Grade already? It seems as if yesterday I was walking her to her two year old program…with tears in my eyes.
Because I love Fall, I felt like doing a little Fall cooking today. Granted, it will be back up in the 90’s later this week but Navy football season starts on Saturday, so it must be Fall. Also time for homemade applesauce…the easiest way possible.
The Usual Cast Of Characters
1. A whole bunch of Apples…2-3 quarts
2. 1/2 Cup Red Hot Candies
3. 4 tablespoons lemon juice
4. A dash of cinnamon
The Steps to Glory
1. Dump the above into a crockpot…it looks so festive.
2. Cook on high for 30-45 minutes to release the apple juice and melt candy.
3. Turn to low, and cook 3-4 hours. Stir occasionally.
4. When the apples are soft, mash with potato masher to desired consistency. I use an immersion blender to smooth it a bit.
5. Enjoy warm or cool…both are delicious.
Guess who had her first pedicure this week! She now wants one daily…as do I, Little Princess, as do I.
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Made by you. Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Talk Of The town. Keep in touch. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm. Friday features. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home. Pit Stop. Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Best of the weekend. Create bake grow.. Faith and family. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Saturday shuffle. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday Wednesday Aim Home style gathering celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home.