I really enjoyed the blueberry pie challenge of last week, and it was appreciated very much by my people. But this week I wanted something simpler and more comforting: Chocolate Cobbler! Easy to make and very easy to eat…maybe a bit too easy, but chocolate tends to be like that. It was a bright spot on a gloomy afternoon. How are you holding up with the “safer at home” experience? We are finding it difficult some days and more easy on other days, probably like most everyone. I would like to be able to say I will never complain about the grocery store, gym or work again. Hopefully I will say that, but time will tell.
Usual Cast of Characters
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate Cobbler Topping:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1cups boiling water
Steps to Glory
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Place butter into a 9×13 baking dish and into the oven to melt. Then, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, milk, and vanilla extract, baking powder and salt for the batter. Spoon the mixture into the baking dish on top of the melted butter. DO NOT STIR.
- In a separated bowl, mix 2 cups sugar and ½ cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle this topping mixture on top of the batter. Pour the boiling water over topping. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is set. The bottom of the cobbler will still be a little loose. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
The day may be dreary but you can always find some joy in it!
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm. Friday features. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home. Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Create bake grow. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Farm Fresh simple homestead. Hearth and Home. Anything goes