You can feel that change in the air, suddenly carefree Summer activities give way to purposeful errands, and previously unscheduled hours are filled with the flurry of name labels and just one more trip to Target…you hope…to check off the all-important “Back to school list”. How does one keep sane, when you realize the light-up shoes you purchased are actually not part of the uniform code or your precious Princess vetos every lunchbox suggestion you find on Pinterest?…Chocolate and peanut butter…together…and lots of it.
The Usual Cast Of Characters
2 cups peanut butter
2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups melted butter
2 1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate
1 1/2 cup All-Purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup cocoa
The Steps to Glory
1.Melt the peanut butter and pour it into a 9 hole muffin tin. Freeze for at least 2 hours
2. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
3. Pour hot melted butter over the chocolate and stir until the mixture is completely smooth.
4. Whisk eggs and sugar together until light.
5. Add the chocolate/butter mix to the eggs and sugar and stir to make a glossy batter.
6. Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
7. Pour 1/2 of the batter into a 9 x9 parchment lined or cooking oil sprayed baking pan.
8. Arrange frozen peanut butter discs on surface. Cover with remaining batter.
9.Bake for 20 minutes (or until the edges look cooked but the middle has a slight wiggle and jiggle). Leave until completely cool, or, better yet…devour immediately.
And try not to let the crazy get you down.
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. The scoop. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty made by you. Metamorphosis you’re the star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Talk Of The town. Keep in touch. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Home and garden. Waste not.Grandma’s. House DIY. Friday features. Home sweet home. Feather nest. Friendship Friday Funtastic Friday. Grace at home. Pit stop. Thursday favorites. Share your cup. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Sweet inspiration. Saturday shuffle. . Best of the weekend. Create bake grow . Fresh market. Faith and family. Sunday at home. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade silver pennies. Create with joy. Inspiration Monday. DI&DI. Amaze me Over the moon. Good morning Monday